In Conjunction with the Brady Arts District’s First Friday Art Crawl
Note: the May 2nd opening is a departure from prior years where the event opened on the 5th of May.
Every year, people line up early for the opportunity to purchase their favorite 5 inch by 5 inch creation for only $55. At 5:55 pm, we open the doors and the fun begins!
Local artists, working in a variety of media and styles, have graciously donated their talents using canvases supplied by the Coalition.
100% of the proceeds from this event directly benefits individual artists through the TAC Gallery. Each year, the TAC Gallery hosts exhibitions for at least 10 emerging and established artists to display quality, contemporary art that might not otherwise be seen in Tulsa.
The 5 x 5 also provides the public a great opportunity to buy original art at an affordable price. It can be the first step in becoming an art collector.
Admission is $5 at the door (opening night only) and free for participating artists. It’s a fun time and a good cause!
This exhibit continues through May 17, 2014. Purchased works may be picked up from Noon – 9pm on May 17.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP MAKES A DIFFERENCE
These are exciting times in the Brady Arts District. The convergence of so many great arts organizations, retail, restaurants, and bars in one area has truly made the District a destination for Northeast Oklahoma. TAC is proud to be a pioneer in the District since 1986.
TAC is truly a grassroots organization dedicated to supporting individual artists.
Did you know?
- TAC returns all the money it makes to the arts community by maintaining a brick and mortar gallery at 9 East M.B. Brady, sustaining costs for rent, utilities, telephone, web site, maintenance, in addition to all the costs related to each show including PR, food and wine, etc.
- Each year, the TAC Gallery sponsors 11 individual shows as well as a members’ show, all at no cost to the artists.
- TAC is operated entirely by volunteers who handle all the duties it takes to operate a gallery and stage a new show each month including PR, food prep, gallery maintenance, and all the administrative duties necessary to run a non-profit organization. We have no paid staff or administrators.
- TAC receives no government grants or corporate funding, which often come with strings attached such as restrictions on content.
- TAC is funded entirely by memberships, commissions on art sales, and our one and only fundraiser…
As you can see, none of this would be possible without the financial support of our members, many of whom are non-artists who want to see contemporary art thrive in Tulsa.
Consider becoming a member today. You can find a membership form on our website here and you can even join on-line.