Design: Colleen Stiles
Photos: © Don Emrick
A Tulsa tradition since 1999. TAC’s one and only fundraiser featuring art by over 200 artists, all 5″x5″ in size and sold for $55
The 2017 show will open Friday May 5, 5:55 pm
Canvases are now available for artists who would like to be a part of this year’s show!
A Fundraiser Benefiting Local Artists
The Tulsa Artists’ Coalition is pleased to present our popular fundraiser, the “5×5 Show and Sale.”
This year’s event opens FIRST FRIDAY MAY 5, 2017 at 5:55pm at the TAC Gallery.
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Since 1999, the 5×5 has shined as an example of artists supporting artists—last year artists from around the region and across the country generously donated over 250 works measuring 5” x 5” in a variety of media. On the day of the event, art buyers line up early outside the TAC Gallery for the opportunity to purchase their favorite 5×5 creation for $55. At 5:55pm, we open the doors and the fun begins!
There is a $5 admission charge on opening night only.
The excitement and support from artists and the art-buying public for this unique event has been tremendous. In addition to raising critical funding for TAC, the 5×5 provides buyers with an opportunity to purchase quality, affordable art while providing artists the opportunity to display their talents before the thousands of art patrons who visit the Brady Arts District each month.
100% of the proceeds from the 5×5 directly benefits artists through the TAC Gallery.
TAC is an all-volunteer, independent non-profit arts organization, with the majority of our funding coming from memberships and the 5×5 event. TAC has supported local artists for 30 years by providing exhibition opportunities for emerging artists and artists whose work may not fit into a traditional commercial gallery. In 2015, TAC sponsored 11 individual exhibitions in addition to our annual members’ show and the 5×5. All of this was done at no cost to the exhibiting artists.
TAC is proud to be a pioneer in the Brady Arts District—one of a handful of independent artists and art groups that initially established the neighborhood as an arts district. We hope to continue to serve as a vital resource to artists during this exciting time for the Tulsa arts community and the 5×5 event is vital to sustaining this mission.
TAC has held opening receptions on First Friday since 1996 and worked with the Brady Arts District Business Association in establishing what is now known as the First Friday Art Crawl.
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT TAC AND THE 5×5:
We recognize artists and non-artists alike may want to support the event in other ways than a donation of art. Consider a sponsoring donation of $55, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, or the amount of your choosing.
All donors will receive recognition in printed materials during the event.
Supporting donations may be made by via PayPal at the link below or by check sent to 9 E. MB Brady, Tulsa, OK 74103.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATING ARTISTS
TAC will provide participating artists with a 5”x5” canvas (while supplies last) or artists are welcome to use their own canvas or surface. Canvases may be picked up at:
- TAC Gallery 9 East M.B. Brady, during gallery hours (Thurs – Sat 6-9 pm),
- Ziegler’s Art Supplies 2217 E Admiral Blvd.(1 block West of Lewis)
- 3624 S Pittsburg (private residence) in Tulsa from a distribution box any time.
- Please print your name legibly on the back of your piece to help ensure we give you proper credit on the artist list.
- Hangers, such as hooks and wires are NOT necessary, as our volunteers mount the canvases using the original stretcher bar.
- Donated works become the property of TAC.
- Unsold art may be reclaimed by the artist. We ask for a $10 donation to cover the cost of the canvas (if TAC provided the canvas).
- Participating artists will receive 1 free entry to the opening event ($5.00 value).
- Work may be disqualified if guidelines are not met.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Saturday, April 29, 2017
The finished work may be returned to:
- TAC Gallery, no later than 9 pm, Saturday, April 29, 2017.
- Ziegler’s Art Supplies, no later than 4 pm, Saturday, April 29, 2017.
- Pieces received after the deadline may not be included in the show.
- Be sure to include your name, email and phone number.
Thank you for supporting local art and artists!
Dean Wyatt, Steve Tomlin, Board Member and
TAC President: email@example.com Curator: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tulsa Artists’ Coalition is an artist-run, non-profit 501C(3)organization of artists and art supporters formed to encourage and support emerging and established contemporary artists and to foster the development of new forms and multi-disciplinary works in Tulsa and surrounding communities.