The Tulsa Artists’ Coalition is now accepting artist submissions / proposals for the TAC Gallery’s 2017-18 season. The TAC Gallery typically hosts a new show each calendar month. Prospective artists may submit proposals for individual artist shows or collaborative efforts with other artists. Submissions are also open to those who would like to curate a group show, revolving around a theme. Submissions in all media / disciplines are eligible, subject to the physical constraints of the gallery space.
Artist Submissions for the 2017-18 season will be accepted through November 15, 2016.
Please review the guidelines below before submitting (these guidelines are also included on the submission site at the link below). Emails to the gallery that only include links to images or artist websites will not be considered.
Submissions may be made via TAC’s on-line submission site (see link above starting September 15) or mailed to TAC Gallery at the address below.
Prospective exhibiting artists should submit:
- Visual documentation of ten images may be submitted through TAC’s (CDs, photos, video, or other forms of documentation). Documentation/slide list must include your name, title of art, materials used in work, size, and date of completion. Brief descriptions may be included as a part of this documentation, if necessary. Be sure that the images reflect a coherent body of work.
- Brief Statement of Proposal explaining the exhibit’s theme/concept.
- Resume – one page highlighting your art-related activities and accomplishments.
- Supporting materials, reviews, catalogs, etc. (optional)
- If submitting physical materials: Large self-addressed, stamped envelope if you would like your submission materials returned. Reasonable care will be taken of materials submitted. TAC will not assume responsibility for loss or damage to materials while in our possession.
Submissions will be reviewed and judged by the Selections Committee, comprised of three qualified jurors (artists, educators, and other art professionals). Final decisions for annual show schedules will be made by December 31.
Open to artists working in all media, with an emphasis on the contemporary perspective. You don’t need to be a Tulsa artist to qualify for a TAC show. Both established and emerging artists who have demonstrated the ability to produce a body of work with a consistent style and theme will be considered. Art must have been completed in the last two years.
The gallery is located at 9 East MB Brady, in the heart of The Brady Arts District, and has 24’ running feet of exposure to the street. The main two exhibit walls are 24’ long and can accommodate up to 11’ vertical. A convex rear wall is traditionally used for signage. Lighting consists of a suspended track.
Door clearance: Two doors with an opening of 78″ high x 60″ wide.
Installation and Teardown: TAC will assist in the installation and teardown of the exhibitions
Artist Reception: TAC will host a reception for the artist, typically on the first Friday of the month, in conjunction with The Brady Arts District’s First Friday Art Crawl.
Exhibition Costs: Thanks to the generous support of our members and donors, TAC has historically been able to absorb most of the costs of the exhibitions, including promotion and opening night expenses. Should funding levels decline, the artist may be asked to share these costs.
Promotion: TAC will provide images and press releases to local and statewide media outlets and promote the show via our website, eNews and, social media.
Gallery Staffing: Our volunteers will “gallery sit” throughout the duration of the show. Normal gallery hours are Thursday through Saturday, 6-9 pm. Artists are encouraged to sit the gallery, as our experience has been that work is more likely to sell when the artist is in attendance. Gallery hours may be extended beyond those hours listed above at the request of the exhibiting artist, providing there is sufficient volunteer staffing or artist commitment to cover the additional hours.
Commission: TAC retains 35% commission on all art sales (30% if the artist is a TAC member).
Exhibiting artists are responsible for:
- Providing artwork titles, medium descriptions, and media promotional photos two months before opening day.
- Providing final price list for show one week before opening day.
- Crating and delivery of artwork to the TAC Gallery for arrival at least one week before opening day. Artist is responsible for all shipping costs to and from TAC Gallery. Additionally, TAC does not cover shipping costs on purchased works. The artist is responsible for negotiating any such arrangements with the buyer.
- Cost of any “additional” exhibition expenses requested by the artist over and above what TAC has committed to provide (see “Exhibition Costs” above).
- Partial or full show installation.
- Opening attendance and gallery sitting for in-town artists.
The artist is responsible for safe delivery and return of work. TAC will do all it can to maintain the safety of the art while on exhibit, but TAC does not assume responsibility for any damage that might occur. We do not carry insurance.
Mail Show Submissions to:
Tulsa Artists’ Coalition
9 E. M.B. Brady Tulsa, OK 74103